Whether you are local or a tourist, alone or with family and friends, you see a spiritual dimension to pilgrimage or the health benefits only, you are interested in heritage or enjoy the great outdoors, you are a walker, cyclist, driver or passenger …
The Bodmin Way is for you!
The Bodmin Way is a new circuit around Bodmin, encompassing five historic locations and churches of Cardinham, Bodmin Town, Nanstallon, Lanivet and Lanhydrock. The walking route is ready for launch and routes for cyclists and drivers will follow soon. The aim of the route is several fold: encourage health and wellbeing; enjoy the great outdoors; offer a spiritual dimension; bring people together; raise awareness of local art, history and heritage; bring economic benefits to the Bodmin area.
There was a series of launch events in May, with a further date in June:
- Saturday 22 June – 1pm-4pm – Folly Fete, Bodmin
“We are very excited about The Bodmin Way. We feel this new project will be of great benefit to Bodmin and beyond, bringing more people into Bodmin Town and the other villages”, says Barbara Brittain, lead for The Bodmin Way. “The aim is that it will benefit local people as well as tourists and suit all ages and abilities.”
Guided walks are available in August and walks will continue to be offered to many groups of people, including Scouts, Guides, U3A, Dementia, Memory Cafe Groups, those with learning difficulties and so on. We are planning a day in September to walk the whole 20-mile route, stopping off at each church for refreshments along the way.
- Friday 9 August – Bodmin to Nanstallon – 2pm + afternoon tea – 5 miles, very easy – Return to St Petroc’s between 5.30pm and 6pm
- Tuesday 13 August – Lanivet to Lanhydrock – 10am + Picnic / cafe for lunch – 10 miles, moderate – Return to Parish Church between 4pm and 4.30pm
- Friday 16 August – Cardinham to Bodmin – 10am + Picnic / pasty – 12 miles, moderate – Return to St Meubred’s between 5pm and 5.30pm
- Tuesday 20 August – Lanivet to Nanstallon – 10am + Picnic – 5 miles, easy/moderate – Return to Parish Church between 2pm to 2.30pm
- Thursday 22 August – Lanhydrock to Cardinham – 10am + Picnic / cafe for lunch – 9 Miles, moderate – Return to St Hydroc’s between 3.30pm and 4pm
Please visit our website to see the dates of the launches and the guided walks, and to sign up: www.bodminway.org.